Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the Fund. This and other important information about the Fund is contained in the prospectus, which can be obtained by calling 1-800-767-3863. The prospectus should be read carefully before investing. The Essential 40 Stock Fund is distributed by Northern Lights Distributors, LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC. KKM Financial is not affiliated with Northern Lights Distributors, LLC. Member FINRA/SIPC
Mutual Funds involve risk including the possible loss of principal. A higher portfolio turnover due to active and frequent trading will result in higher transactional and brokerage costs. Large-capitalization companies usually cannot respond as quickly as smaller companies to competitive challenges, and their growth tends to lag the growth of well-managed smaller companies during strong economic periods.
Principal Risks: Remember that in addition to possibly not achieving your investment goals, you could lose money by investing in the Fund. The principal risks of investing in the Fund are:
• General Risk. Domestic economic growth and market conditions, interest rate levels, and political events are among the factors affecting the securities markets in which the Fund invests.
• Large-Capitalization Securities Risk. Large-capitalization companies usually cannot respond as quickly as smaller companies to competitive challenges, and their growth rates tend to lag the growth rates of well-managed
smaller companies during strong economic periods.
• Equity Securities Risk. The Fund invests in common stock, which subjects the Fund and its shareholders to the risks associated with common stock investing. Overall stock market risks may affect the value of the Fund. When the value of the Fund’s investments goes down, your investment in the Fund decreases in value and you could lose money.
• Futures Risk. Investments in futures involve leverage, which means a small percentage of assets invested in futures can have a disproportionately large impact on the Fund.
• Options Risk. When the Fund purchases an option on a security or index it may lose the entire premium paid if the underlying security or index does not decrease in value.
• Management Risk. Management risk is the risk that the investment process used by the Fund’s portfolio manager could fail to achieve the Fund’s investment goal and cause an investment in the Fund to lose value. Given the Fund is going to attempt to tract the Index, the Fund does not follow traditional methods of active investment management.
• New Index Provider Risk. The index provider for the Index has a limited history of experience as an index provider or investment adviser for a registered fund, which may create additional risks for investing in the Fund.
The Essential 40 Stock Index (Total Return) definition: The Index is an Index created by FSH Trading, LLC (“FSH”) and is calculated and distributed by Solactive AG. The Index is an index of companies providing goods and services that are, in the view of FSH, essential to the American economy and way of life. The Index has 40 components that are selected by a committee within FSH, using a qualitative approach to determine which companies, in the view of the committee, are irreplaceable and too essential to fail.